We all know how popular snack bars (e.g. protein/granola/oat etc) are. At the same time we also know how expensive could these be. So, this next recipe is going to help you prepare a healthy snack bar at home. These bars are healthy and very easy to make.
I am a foodie and I have tried to follow a strict diet, but to no avail. 🙂 I bought a family pack of Kellogg’s Cornflakes Special K with dried strawberries, hoping that I would eat it daily for breakfast. Well, as you would have guessed, I gave up after a week. The family pack comes with 2 boxes and here I was without even finishing the first box. So, with a spare box of this Special K cornflakes lying in the kitchen, I thought of using it in a way that I can eat it any time instead of just breakfast. This is when I thought of making snack bars with these cornflakes.
These bars turned out to be very easy to make and tasty too 😛 . These cornflakes bars turned out so well. I didn’t even have to add any dry fruits to it since Kellogg’s cornflakes special K comes with dried strawberries( you can choose any other flavor too). You can make cornflakes bars even if you are in jiffy. With only two ingredients, these are so much fun to make and easy to store in an air tight container or in a ziplock.
So, let’s start to bake these super easy cornflakes bars..
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Bake Time – 10-15 mins
Serves – 5-6 people
- Cornflakes (any variety) – 2 Cups
- Maple Syrup – 1/2 Cup
- Honey – 1/4 Cup
- Baking pan – Square Shape is preferred
- Preheat your oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit( 162 degrees Celsius)
- Line your square shape baking pan with spray cooking oil & aluminum foil.
- Mix Cornflakes, Maple Syrup and Honey in a bowl.
- Set this above mixture in a baking pan
- Bake at 325 Degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool down them a little bit and take out from the pan immediately.
- Cut this baked mixture in to bars.
Voila, these easy to go healthy cornflakes bars are ready. Have them whenever you want. 🙂
See you next time, Stay healthy 🙂