Pao de Queijo are Brazilian cheese puffs made from Tapioca starch with parmesan cheese filling. I had my first Pao de Queijo at our friend’s place a few weeks ago and I still can’t get over with this mouthwatering delicacy. Thanks to our friends for introducing us to this gluten-free amazing recipe. It is crispy from outside and so soft & chewy from the inside that you will get addicted to its flavor. I am sure you won’t be able to eat just one. 🙂
Traditionally Pao de Queijo is made from Tapioca Flour/starch. Tapioca is one of the purest form of starch food. Tapioca pearls are widely used in Indian cuisine.
The Pao de Quiejo are chewy because of the presence of Tapioca starch. The use of parmesan cheese give these little treats their flavor. That subtle cheesiness addiction is all over in my tastebuds 🙂 Pao are basically a bread but at their best when eaten warm. You can even add herbs (to your taste) to the dough. These can be served either plain or with any sauce of your liking.It is very easy to make, just follow the recipe.
So, lets not waste any more time and get ready to be rewarded with these delectable cheese puffs 🙂
Preparation Time -10-15 mins
Baking Time – 25-30 mins
Serves – 6-7 people
- Tapioca Starch – 2 Cup
- Whole Milk -1 Cup
- Vegetable oil – 1/2 Cup
- Parmesan Cheese – 1-1/2 Cup
- Pepper jack Cheese – 1/2 Cup
- Salt -1 tsp (as per your taste)
- Eggs – 2
- Baking sheet
- Stand mixer with Paddle attachment – Optional
- Preheat your Oven at 450 degrees F(232 degree C)
- In a saucepan, boil Milk & oil together.
- Mix tapioca starch and cool down this mixture a bit.
- In stand mixer, Mix this mixture for 2-3 minutes on a medium speed.
- Add eggs in two parts on medium speed until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Now, add cheese and mix until the mixture is a little fluffy.
- With a ice cream scoop, divide the whole mixture in equal parts ( approx. 2 dozen puffs)
- Bake them on 450 degree F for 25-30 mins until they turned in a light golden brown.
Ai Esta, these little, flavorful cheese puffs are ready. 🙂
Let me know friends, how you like this recipe!
See you next time