Spring is already here and the mango season is just around the corner. Raw, green mangoes are so fresh and easily available in grocery stores now and I couldn’t resist myself from buying the moment I found them. 🙂 It is something which always reminds you about your childhood and freshen up all those golden memories. As a child, I’ve always seen how my grandmother used to make raw mango marmalade. Full of authentic flavors, this raw mango marmalade is super delicious, tangy and finger licking.
So, this time I decided to make my grandmother’s marmalade recipe.
Mangoes play a very important role in every indian household mainly during the summer time.:) King of all fruits, is everyone’s favorite and no meal can complete without having a mango in the end. This amazing tropical fruit can be used as a ingredient in many different recipes. You can use Mango as smoothie, shake, lassi, Aam pana, mousse and so many recipes even I can’t count at this moment 🙂 So, I simply decided to make Raw Mango Marmalade. Its subtle sourness and a little crunchy flavor makes it one of my favorite recipe. And, I would love to share this scrumptious recipe with you all 🙂 The best part of this mango marmalade is that it only takes a very small time to make and you can preserve it for a long time.
So, let’s start making this savory, sweet, sour raw mango marmalade recipe with me in no time 🙂
Preparation – 10 mins.
Serving – 5-6 people
- Raw Mango -1
- Sugar -1 Cup (according to your taste)
- Mixed nuts – 1/4 cup (almonds, black pepper corns, cardamom seeds)
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- oil – 1/2 tsp
- First rinse the fresh green mango and wipe it.
- Grate the green mango with its peel.
- Heat a pan and put 1/2 tsp oil in it and roast peeled mango for 5-10 mins.
- Add sugar, mixed nuts, & black salt all together and keep stirring this for 10 more minutes.
- When it comes to a little thickness, switch off the gas and cool it down.
This palatable Raw mango marmalade is ready and you can store it in refrigerate for quite long time and relish it whenever you want. 🙂
See you guys soon